For those of you who are still catching Pokemon, or just got a new account and want to start exploring the game, you might have been wondering what the Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour is. This is a weekly event where Niantic hosts time-limited Special Raids that only occur during these hours. In this article, we’ll be looking at the times for next week’s Pokemon Go Spotlight hour so you can plan your day accordingly.
Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour
The Pokemon Go spotlight hour schedule and event details are now available. The schedule runs from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. PT on December 15 and will feature special in-game bonuses for players who log in during that time period. Highlights of the event include:
- A chance for all players to catch a Machamp at lures in areas with tall grass
- Increased spawn rates for Dragonite, Gyarados, and Lapras
- An increased chance to find Snorlax in rural areas
Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour schedule
Pokémon Go is bringing back its Spotlight Hour event on December 21st! This event will last for one hour and players can earn rewards for catching specific types of Pokémon. The first type to be featured is Water-type Pokémon, so be on the lookout for these creatures during the event. Below are more details about the schedule and rewards for this special event.
The Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour schedule is as follows:
- 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. Eastern Time
- 9 p.m. – 11 p.m. Central Time
- 2 a.m. – 4 a.m. Pacific Time
This event will take place in three stages:
- Stage 1: December 21st at 4 p.m., 9 p.m., and 12 a.m.; S
- tage 2: December 22nd at 10 a.m., 3 p.m., and 6 p.m.;
- Stage 3: December 23rd at 7 a.m., 12 noon, and 3 p.m..
During Stage 1, players can catch Water-type Pokémon such as Drowzee, Krabby, Kingler, Machamp, Poliwag, Psyduck, Shellder, Slowpoke, Tentacool, Vaporeon and Weedle.
during Stage 2, players can catch Dragon-type Pokémon such as Dratini, Espeon, Flareon, Machamp, Mantyke.
while in Stage 3 they can catch Fire-type Pokémon such as Charizard, Chimchar, Cyndaquil, Machamp, Moltres.
In addition to catching specific Pokémon types during the Spotlight Hour event, players can also earn bonus rewards for walking a certain distance. The bonuses vary depending on the stage of the event:
- 10 kilometers per hour (6 miles per hour);
- kilometers per hour (3 miles per hour);
- 0 kilometers per hour (0 miles per hour).
Tips and tricks to increase your chances of catching a Pokemon
- If you’re new to the game, start slowly by exploring your neighbourhood and looking for Pokemon that are common in that area.
- Use items that increase your chances of catching a Pokemon, like super potions or lures.
- Keep an eye on your phone’s map and move around frequently so you can find new areas to explore.
- When you spot a Pokemon, try to take down its defence with a strong attack before capturing it.
- If you’re struggling to catch any of the rare or hard-to-find Pokémon, try using items that make them easier to capture, like incense or candy.
Rewards for participating in the event
Participating in the Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour event will reward players with bonus XP and Stardust. During the event, which begins at 1 p.m. EST on December 12 and runs through December 14, players will be able to catch Pikachu and Eevee as they appear in specific locations throughout each day. The bonuses for capturing each Pokémon during the event are as follows:
- Pikachu: 150XP and 5 Stardust
- Eevee: 500XP and 10 Stardust
How to prepare for a Spotlight Hour in Pokémon Go
A spotlight hour is a specific period of time during which players can enjoy an increased level of difficulty in the game. During these hours, the player’s Pokémon will be more powerful and able to catch rarer Pokémon. Players are notified of upcoming spotlight hours through in-game messages and the Niantic website.
There is no one definitive way to prepare for a spotlight hour; each player will have to find what works best for them. Some players may choose to power up their Pokémon prior to the event, others may choose to focus on capturing rarer Pokémon instead.Whatever tactics players use, it is important to stick with them throughout the event so that they can reap the benefits.
When is a spotlight hour scheduled?
The schedule for upcoming spotlight hours can be found on the Niantic website or through in-game messages. Keep in mind that these times are subject to change, so it is important to check both sources regularly in order to stay up-to-date.
If you’re a Pokemon GO player, now might be a great time to start preparing for the game’s next major update. The upcoming “Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour” event will bring new features and changes to the game, and it’s important that you’re prepared for what’s coming. In addition to our weekly spotlight schedule, we’ve also compiled all of the latest event details so that you can plan your day accordingly. Be sure to check back here for the latest updates!